It's been over 2 weeks since I've logged over here onto my formal little space on the internet and let some strangers peek into my life. I thought it was important to give an update on what I've been doing and why I haven't been very into blogging lately.
- I've been applying to grad school. The energy that I expend typing away on these posts was being directly channeled into something super productive and difficult which were my personal statements and formal graduate resume. And now they are DONE AND SUBMITTED. PRAISE. (and check one box off for January goals).
- I've been on tumblr. This website used to be one that I hated because of all the young, immature people on it. But I've cultivated a page filled with art, inspiration, health-minded people, and positivity. It's like a mood board for everything I can possibly think of and I feel that the age group over there is a little more geared to where I'm at in life, as opposed to the blogger/wordpress world.
- I've been livin' life! Sometimes recapping every single thing that happens to me, or feeling that I have to take photos of everything, takes me out of the moment. When it comes to my daily life, I've been using the Grid Diary app again (every day in 2017 so far!) so that I have small journal entries to look back on. But I think I may only use this website now to post the great, grand things that I do. Also so that I feel more comfortable sharing it with my friends and family.
Since we're here I might as well share some favorite things of the year, so far!
- Kiehl's hand cream and original lip balm. Omg, so good.
- Being a redhead again. Best decision of 2016.
- My new electric toothbrush.
- Vests in general.
- This season of The Bachelor!!!!
- Reading my Kindle (book reviews are likely on the way!)
- Following a pretty strict workout plan.
- Keeping track of my food intake in a very cute Moleskin notebook.
- Micron fine tip pens.
- The most adorable black leather (I'm assuming faux) backpack with gold hardware that I received as a Secret Santa present.
- Rosehip oil all over my face.
So that's it folks. I felt it was important to step away from the blog, re-evaluate what I want out of it this year, and deliver when I have some good content to deliver.